Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Watercooler Wednesday Challenge 143 - Gail's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Gail is the host for this weeks challenge!
I made a simple card with the Graceful Garden stamp set.
Today Stampin' Up! released Stampin' Blends new alcohol markers! I used them to color the rose from Graceful Garden
The pink marker is labeled Pink Pirouette but is much closer to Blushing Bride in my opinion. I used the regular markers to ink up the stamp with Blushing Bride on the petals and Old Olive on the stem and leaves then stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock. I colored first with the light marker the dark for the shadows and again with the light to blend.   
I stamped the sentiment from Special Celebrations with Old Olive ink and cut it out with Bunch of Banners Framelits. I sponged the edges with Blushing Bride ink and popped it up with Dimensionals. The card base is Thick Whisper White with layers of Blushing Bride and Old Olive.

Check out the projects that the artists at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges have created then take the challenge and link your creation to the challenge post.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful single stemmed rose Kath. I like the colouring with the Powder pink and complimentary colours. So feminine! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty card! Your coloring is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this big, bold rose and how it takes up the whole card...just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, clean and simple card, Kath. Really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kath, I know you have mentioned many times that you love colouring but even if you had never said a word, your love of colouring shines through your projects. Your rose is gorgeous with absolutely beautiful shading.

    ReplyDelete