Sunday, May 28, 2017

Dragonfly Dreams

I created today's card to see if it was possible to make the dragonflies pop up in the same was Lyssa Zwolanek did with her butterfly card.

I wanted a copper dragonfly for the front of my card but had to make several attempts at designing a layout before I came up with this.  I used the stamp set Touches of Texture for the background. I sponged Crumbcake ink on the Whisper White piece and stamped the images with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede. The Bees are Soft Suede stamped off once. The cardstock is Whisper White and Soft Suede. 

I cut the dragonfly wings out of cardstock Vellum and colored the wings with eyeshadow, it gives the wings a nice shimmery look. 

The "Hello" is from Eastern Beauty and is stamped with Soft Suede and sponged with Crumb Cake, with a strip of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon behind it.

The dragonflies on the inside were heat embossed with copper and then watercolored. They were cut with the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits.

So if you made it this far I have a problem that I need help with.  I had to factory reset my computer and I can't remember the name of the photo editing program I had been using.  What is an easy to learn and use program for mostly cropping photos but also simple edits? Please comment and let me know. Thanks, Kath



No comments:

Post a Comment