Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WWC72 - Jean's Color Challenge

Jean challenged us to use at least 3 of the new In colors.  I used Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy and Flirty Flamingo.
ll
For my card front I took a piece of Shimmery White CS and ran it through the Big Shot, in the Seaside Textured Embossing Folder.  I used a piece of chip board with a circle cut out of its center instead of one of the Cutting Pads.

Using the stamp set Seaside Shore, I stamped the seaweed in the flat area on my card front in Basic Gray, coloring it Emerald Envy. I did a back ground wash of Dapper Denim and Crumb Cake when dried I stamped the starfish on the "sand" in Flirty Flamingo.

The fish were stamped on scraps of Watercolor Paper colored, cut out and popped up with Dimensionals.

The greeting is from Birthday Banners cut out with Bunch of Banners Framelits.

Check out what the Artists at Watercooler Wednesday have done with this challenge, join the challenge and link it so that we can all see what you have done.

3 comments:

  1. Kath, what a wonderful card. So happy and "realistic" looking. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath what a great and inspiring card. Truthfully although I've been through the catalogue a dozen or more times I hadn't taken notice of either this new embossing folder or stamp set until you shared them today. I'm in love with the rolling wave of the EF and I your beautifully coloured fish. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with this card! I would love to share this on my blog for 'My Crafty Friends Monday' (a round up of amazing cards from amazing stampers!)! Please let me know if you would prefer that I didn't share it (of course I give you credit and link back to your blog!).
    Inky Hugs!

    ReplyDelete