Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stampin' Up! Demostrators present "The Wacky Watercooler New Catalog(ue) Blog Hop"



Welcome to our first ever Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop! We hope to make this a fairly regular happening. If you come across a broken link you can find the participating blogs on our home blog site.
You may have hopped over from Kathe's Blog, I have hopped with her on our Llama Ladies Blog Hops. I enjoy visiting her blog and was lucky enough to meet her last week and will share her swap at a later date.  So I thought I would share the swaps I made as well as one additional project.

This is my favorite swap I made! Hopefully the ladies I swapped with liked it too.

Faux Watercoloring
Mist Watercolor paper with water. Ink stamp and stamp on moist paper. Dry paper, re-ink stamp and stamp again.
Stamps: Too Kind, Lots of Thoughts
Ink: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Raspberry Ripple
Paper: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Very Vanila, Watercolor, DSP Stack
Misc: Chalk Talk Framelit, Mosaic Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

My second swap uses a stamp from the annual cataloge as well as a sneek peek of Washi tape from the upcoming holiday catalog (ask your demonstrator how you can get it before the catalog is released)
Stamps: Seasonal Sayings
Ink: Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie Markers
Paper:Very Vanilla
Misc: Witches Brew Washi Tape and Dimensionals

My last project isn't a swap it is a gift I made for a Bridal Shower I used both current and retired product on this project along with a couple of non SU items. I have several pictures so bear with me.
I made the cover of the scrapbook by cutting the very heavy (almost chipboard) cardboard that comes with the Specialty DSP in three pieces to make the spine and front and back covers. I covered the boards with DSP adding Cherry Cobbler Co'ordination CS as a wrap around the spine. I heat embossed in Gold "Forever and Always" from Loving Thoughts on the cover and decorated the front with Basic Pearls.
Here is the Spine.
 I tied the retired Cherry Cobbler Tulle and some gold non SU wired ribbon around the spine, hanging from the ribbon are three Cherry Cobbler tags gold embossed with words from Loving Thoughts as well as a lock and key.
I'll Show you a few of the pages.

The pages are made from envelopes(left over from my daughter wedding invitations) they are cut so each envelope is a tube and covered with DSP and then Decorated with current and retired elements. I used many different Framelits to create mats for photos or journaling in each pages tube the are two pull out pages.
 Pull out page with a copy of their wedding announcement already added, the rest of the pages are for her to fill.  Here are a few more pages.

There are more pages but that gives you an idea of my project. 
I used the following Framelits:
Window Frames Collection, Labels Collection, Ovals Collection, Circles Collection, Chalk Talk, Apothecary Accents and  Hearts Collection.
Edgelits Used:
Adorning Accents, Finishing Touches and Large Scallop.

One of my customers saw it and has asked if I will be offering a class so I am working on that idea.

So now it is time to hop on over to Bev's Blog.


10 comments:

  1. Kath I will have to try that faux watercoloring technique - your card is beautiful. And what a lot of work went into that bridal gift - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, Kath! I just love that keepsake album - what a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I have never done faux watercoloring before, and will have to try it. Awesome keepsake album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Kath, what a wonderful gift you made! Who wouldn't love to receive it and then treasure it forever? I really will have to try my hand at some faux watercolouring. I love the effect! Those colours are so fresh and happy in your first card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous projects,the watercolouring is so pretty and the album, your daughter is so lucky, it is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects! Especially love the Faux Watercolouring. The album is just amazing - all those pearls on the cover ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous projects Kath. Each very special and inspiring, ideas are now circling my brain. Thanks for that and for the reminder that I do have a fun Halloween stamp in my "stash". The Washi Tape really adds to the fun too. Fun diagonals are really getting my attention these days. Time to try some faux watercoloring too. It's a great technique.
    I'm in awe of the album. It's so incredibly detailed. A real labor of love. I'll returning over and over to CASE it's details.
    Thanks for hopping with the Watercooler crew my friend. See you next hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks my friends, I have had so much fun hopping with the Watercooler ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath, loved the swaps and that scrapbook is absolutely gorgeous. What an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these beautiful red flowers. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete