Friday, July 12, 2013

Remembering Your Birthday

Back to making birthday cards and playing with Washi Tape.

  • The card base is Whisper White CS I cut 3/4" off the bottom of the front,
  • I used the Calypso Coral Washi Tape to make the border at the bottom I tore piece approx. 2" long and folded the so that there was about 1/4" of the sticky side showing. Starting at one side I taped the Washi Tape overlapping the bt about a third each time.
  • I wrapped the stripped Washi Tape around the card base covering the edges of the Coral tape. I made the bow by folding the tape in half and then making a loop with it pinching it in the middle and wrapping more tape around it. I folded another piece in half and flagged both end of it, than layered the loop on top of it.
  • From scraps of Calypso Coral CS and Crisp Cantaloupe CS I punched hexagons than added them to the card base.
  • On a scrap of Whisper White CS I stamped the sentiment from Remembering Your Birthday. I inked the stamp in Crisp Cantaloupe ink coloring the word celebrate with the Calypso Coral Marker.
  • I cut the sentiment out with the Chalk Talk Framelit, popped it up with Dimensionals and added two Calypso Coral Candy Dots.
I had fun with the Washi Tape and have another birthday card to add to my rack.

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Kath !! Love the say you used the Hexagon punch !! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card Kath. Thanks for the details. I love that you made a bow with the washi tape and the layered piece. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas on this card Kath. I am loving the Washi tape. My box of new goodies just arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! Penny the bow looks so much better in person.

    ReplyDelete