Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sent With Love

It has been an extremely busy week for me and so I apologize for not posting, it just seemed to fall last on my list.  I did find a few minutes today to make a quick card!  Stampin' UP! had released for a limited time a cute stamp set with matching DSP called Sent With Love.

If you re interested in ordering you can go to  http://kath-allthatscrap.stampinup.net and use the shop now button.

So here is the card I made.
I know I have mentioned this before but in case you missed it my husband is a private pilot with his own plane. So on a regular bases he has retired flight charts and that is what I used instead of DSP.

  • The card base is Soft Suede (I know it is hard to tell in the photo) I rounded to corners opposite each other.
  • I added two layers first Not Quite Navy CS then Rich Razzleberry CS (pulling these colors from the flight chart), again rounding two of the corners.
  • Then I added the flight chart.
  • On a piece of Naturals White I stamped the plane in Not Quite Navy Ink. Below the plane I used a Rich Razzleberry Marker to color just the words on a second stamp from the set. I again rounded two corners to match the rest and then layered it on Rich Razzleberry and Not Quite Navy CS, rounding two corners and adding it to the front.
So there you have it a fst and easy card.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, I love that stamp and it's perfect for your husband.:)) Same for the papers, perfect card for a pilot.
    What is this stampset called? Just love it.

    Hugs, Rosalien

    ReplyDelete