Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Forever with You

Yes, I tried a triple layered card, I have done the same technique many times as a double layer, but this was the first triple. The cards are easy to make and for me the only down side is they use a lot of paper, so while I'd do it in a club setting it won't be a card in my Card Buffet(see class tab).

  • The card base is Very Vanilla CS, I cut two additional pieces of Very Vanilla CS, on at 3 3/4" x 5" and one that was 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
  • I cut two pieces of Early Espresso CS 1/4" larger both directions the the Very Vanilla CS pieces.
  • I center each piece of Very Vanilla on top of each other holding them in place with temporary tape.
  • I stamped the vines from Forever with You in Crumb Cake ink and randomly stamped it on the stack of CS. I then stamped a flower from Fabulous Florets in Early Espresso ink, again randomly across the stacked of CS. 
  • I un-taped the layers of CS and re- layered with Snail, Each piece of Very Vanilla onto a piece of Early Espresso. Layering it onto a larger mat hides where the ink misses as it stamps from one layer to another.
  • On a scrap of Very Vanilla CS I stamped the phrase from Forever with You in Versamark and heat embossed it with Early Espresso. I cut it out with the corresponding Window Frame Collection Framelit using the Big Shot. I popped it up with Dimensionals in the center of the card.
Remember to comment if you want entered into the blog candy drawing.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! It looks very classy and regal. Thanks so much for sharing it. Congratulations on reaching 300 followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project!! I really want to attempt this technique. You make it look so modern! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I MUST try this technique, because I have seen so many beautiful cards using it! Very elegant done in black & white!

    ReplyDelete