Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Frosty Friends

I have a weakness for snowmen, mind you I hate snow and being cold but snowmen make me smile! I decided to try an unusual(for me anyway) color combo.

  • Card base is Crumb Cake with the Heartfelt image for Layered Labels heat embossed in Early Espresso(done on a diagonal).
  • I stamped the Snowmen from Frosty Friends (Holiday Catalog) with Stazon onto Watercolor Paper. I colored the image withe Regal Rose, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede and Pumpkin Pie Markers and then with an Aqua Painter and Bashful Blue Ink I colored the ground and the shadows on the Snowmen.
  • I ran a piece of Regal Rose CS through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. and layered the image on it.
  • I sprayed Champagne Shimmer Paint Mist on Early Espresso CS and layered the image once more. then added it to the card front.
So for me at least, an unusual colored Snowman card.
I updated my Class Page and my For Sale Page- Check them out.

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! I don't think I'd put Regal Rose together with Crumb Cake and Lucky Limeade, etc., but it really works. I learn something new every day!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love snowmen too!! Your card is really cute!! I have not started on my Christmas Cards yet... can't stop thinking about Halloween!! lol

    TFS
    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete