Wednesday, August 18, 2010

After Thoughts- Hostess Level 1

I liked the tongue in cheek phrases in After thoughts, I think they are fun. I also think that the cake in Birthday Bliss is really cute, but it was too small to go with this phrase.  So I made a paper cake patterned off the image from Birthday Bliss.
  • Card Base is Pear Pizazz,
  • Cake is Chocolate, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Pink Pirouette. I used the square punches, trimmed them and corner rounded them, ran some through the Big Shot in folders and also used border punches. I stacked my cake using Dimensionals, on a scallop Oval of Whisper White as my plate.
  • I stamped my phrase on Whisper White using the Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink markers.  I used the new Scallop Square Clearlit to cut out my phrase. I added 3 pink Rhinestone brads and was finished! 
For some reason the phrase in the photo looks crooked, not in real life. Over all I'm happy with the card

3 comments:

  1. Oh My! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I can't make cakes, but I adore looking at them. This one reminds me so much of some of my favorites! Now I need to put the square punches on my wish list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea to make your own and use the border punch for frosting!! Following you from SC

    ReplyDelete